Looking forward to this issue!!!

At 03:37 AM 02/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Hi!

If you've built a class E rig, or are actively building one at the moment, please send me email with the particulars. I am writing a QST article about class E AM transmitters. There is more than a suggestion from various people at ARRL H.Q. that such an article, if well presented, will be published.

For evidence that this class E thing is not just a novelty, I would like to include a list of everyone who has or is actively building a class E transmitter. It would be good to include what design you're using, how much power, what band, etc. etc.

Of course, I already know about many people who have built rigs, or are building them, but my memory is not perfect, and I probably don't have all the details. So, this is the "official" call :-) I'll collect all of the information in one place, and distill it all down into an organized, clear descriptive list.

If you happen to be using the class H modulator design, or the 6 FET RF amplifier design (or any of my other designs), specifically let me know, as this is further evidence that the design can be reproduced, and does work.

Another thing I will need are *good*, close-up pictures of neatly built (which lets my stuff out) class E transmitters, modulators, etc. These may be published, so don't send me anything that you wouldn't want shared with the world :-) I will, of course, give specific credit to everyone who contributes or whose transmitter picture is published.

This is a good chance to show those who think AM is just old dinosaurs playing around with antique equipment what's happening in modern world with AM today.

This could be really great!

Thanks and Regards,

Steve WA1QIX (send email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
mailto://[EMAIL PROTECTED]