Hi, Dave:

Did you ever find an 80 HDVL? I have one here I'll send you for free if
you want to try and repair/replace the steatite plug bar. Sadly, this
one is cracked clear through at one of the plugs. Rest of the coil is
OK. Good plugs, and the split coil is still firmly attached to the coil
bar.

I think I have some spare original steatite bars.

Usually what happens is that the plastic shrinks with age and literally stresses the ceramic till it cracks. You might need to file out the holes on the plastic part until the screw clears the ceramic parts with slack in all directions.

If you get the coil, let me know if you want me to send you the plug bar.

Don K4KYV