From:   Donald Chester [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Sunday, April 13, 2003 5:22 PM
To:     amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject:        RE: [AMRadio] re: mystery interference

>I know this isn't the right attitude but I can't help thinking that
>maybe a discrete KW of CW on 3.579545 might help them make the
decision.

>John,
>WA5BXO

I suspect it is TV related, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.  It
runs 24
hours a day, so if it is an individual TV they must not ever turn the
TV
off.  We have cable running by the house, but we don't subscribe.
 Some have
suggested the possibility of a leaky cable, but why would those
frequencies
be transmitted over the cable?  Why would the cable transmit anything

fundamentally different from what a TV station transmits over the
air?

I need to modify my R-1000 to run off a 12v battery and do some rf
sniffing.
  I have thought about the idea of the cw signal, but if they keep it
on
24/24 I don't know when would be the best time to transmit.

Don K4KYV

---
Electronic mail is certified Virus Free.