Hi Don,

I had a noise of this type show up locally... the cause was a new VCR...
everything I tried failed to remove the crude generated by this device...
on or off... I ended up throwing it in the trash and replaced it with a
DVD player....

It had to be because most of the circuits were 'on' all of the time... the
only way to stop it was to cut off the power totally... i.e. 'pull the
plug'...

For the 'fun of it', I did radiation checks and the VCR had greater
'coverage' in area than my 100mw AM BCB (tube type) 'phono oscillator'.

And I did do all of the sheilding and by-passing of this device humanly
possible...  to no avail...

73
vince
ka1iic