Hey John,
        How's everthing?

Tim and Kass

-----Original Message-----
From: John E. Coleman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 9:45 AM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] 1/4 in shaft insulators

Thanks Don and Bob:

        I think Don is referring to the resin not the construction but
the layered stuff that Bob is describing is what I was looking for and
is normally referred to as Phenolic insulator.  The cloth adds strength
to the device the same way fiberglass adds strength to the polyethylene
resins.  What little research I've done since Don's message, shows that
Phenolic is a word used to describe the compound made from carbolic acid
and formaldehyde which was discovered by Dr. Leo Baekeland.  I wonder if
we could make our own.  (Using http://www.hotbot.com, search on
BAKELITE.  Then ignore all the jewelry stuff and find the history
stuff.)

Thanks to all, John, WA5BXO