List,

Here is a transformer identification challenge..

I have a decent size plate transformer I'd like to identify. Maybe
someone can tell me what big iron it is from. I was told it was from
an old AM transmitter of the 1940's. (unknown tubes, power, etc). I am
trying to determine the power rating.

input: for nominal 110VAC 60 Hz.
output: 2000 or 2500VCT.

secondary resistance is 125 ohms.

The input is on one end of the transformer and has three studs with
nuts, one being common and your choice of the remaining two
determining the output voltage.

The output is on the other end of the transformer and has three
ceramic insulators, of which one is the center tap. It looks like from
the leads that remain, to have been a full wave center tap scheme.

The core is unremarkable, but the end bells are thick black iron
castings and have phenolic board in them, to mount the studs and
insulators. If the phenolic boards are unscrewed to peek inside, the
unit is found to be potted with black pitch or tar.

The end bell for the input has the number (drum roll.....) "52C046"
printed on it.

The unit weighs 120 lbs and is about 12x11' square overall and 11"
tall.

Please speculate wildly..
SGT PJ