Hi Group,

        I am looking for some 6DZ7 tubes. These are dual pentodes in a 6L6GC
size
package (octal). Each pentode is similar to a EL84/6BQ5. This is because I
am restoring some tube type audio gear that originally used 7591's as output
tubes. The problem is I used most of my 7591's in my collection of Central
Electronic 20a's as a class Ab1 RF linear amplifier (~ 55 watts pep output
from a pair, and > 10 watts AM). I converted one Fisher X-101=B amp over
from 4- 7591's to two 6DZ7's, and that came out working wonderful. I was
surprised. I need some spare 6DZ7's and I was hoping to find a pile of NOS
6DZ7's for ~ $5.00 each. I would also like to win the state lottery too!
Anybody out there with some of these odd tubes that don't know what to do
with them?

        Btw, 6DZ7's were made by GE, and they never seemed to take off in
commercial gear. Sylvania made a similar tube, the 6DY7 that appears to be
closer to two 6AQ5's in a single envelope. Anybody know the history of these
tubes?

        Here is a application note about 6DZ7's used as AM Ham modulators:

http://www.triodeel.com/ham1.gif

http://www.triodeel.com/ham2.gif

Regards,
Jim Candela