So what rigs will you good folks be putting on the air this weekend? I'll have
2 homebrew rack transmitters ready to go--one on 80M and one on 40M, plus the
32V3/HQ-180 setup if I can get the 32V3 dial to stop hanging up.

The one rack is a band switching 80/40M transmitter with a 250th in the final
with a 6146B driver and 6AG7 oscillator. Modulation is handled by a pair of
5514's being pushed by 6B4G's. I'll keep this rig on 80 meters and use the 75A2
for receiving. The other rack uses plug-in coils and puts about about 100
watts. It has an 812 final driven by a pair of 807s and the old 6AG7
oscillator. This modulator is an older design--809s pushed by 45's. I am
keeping this set up for 40 meters with a 75A4 for receiving duty.

I'm sure my lack of operating experience will be all too visible. But I am
hoping to annoy all of you in Discovery mode this weekend.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT