Yes, all the HI FI tube amps seem to have a balance control
for the output tubes, some have jacks to measure the cathode current.

Very interesting about the cathode feedback.
I am not sure why it would work better than the same amount of feedback
from the secondary of the output transformer to a low level
stage.

Feedback in just one stage can run higher, and have more effect, since its
not
cutting the gain in the low level stages as much.
If the low level stages are very clean and quiet, its a good idea.
If the low level stages are not clean and quiet, it may give
mixed results?

I think you also get less phase shifts when only doing one stage, instead
of the overall amp.

Maybe each stage can have its own feedback loop, each adjusted to
give the best results, feedback vs gain, noise, distortion, etc.

Feedback from the secondary of the mod transformer to a low level stage
can be very hard to do, with all the shifts and so on.
In my 32V3 transmitters, I had to limit the high frequency feedback
a lot, or I got vhf/supersonic oscillations.
I would likely be much better off running a separate feedback loop
around the mod iron and mod tubes.

On a side note, adjusting the feedback values can be used as a
tone control, the more feedback at whatever frequency reduces the
output of that frequency.

Brett
N2DTS