Pete,
I am sure its around, but I rarely hear much even remotely
interesting on ssb.
I don't listen a lot, but used to try to get into qso's
when I had the kws1 and the kwm2a.

I am sure the Collins owners talk about tube rigs a lot, but
from what I hear, there are a bunch of groups from one end of the phone band
to the other, not saying much of interest to me, and very little
in the way of technical discussions.

Brett
N2DTS