well 24 hours of work and she is coming along nicely. The audio section is
fine now. Sound greeeeaaattttt..
She is not working on the top two bands but we'll cross that bridge later.

the RF gain control was not working at all. I found a pinched wire that was
grounded.  This was the wire going to the cathode resistor of V-1. I fixed
this, and even put a new pot in there for the RF Gain. It works BUT.. all you
have to do is just barely turn it and it blanks out the front end. Could one
of the cathode resistors have changed value, canceling out the work of the rf
gain control? R-3 to V-1 or R8 to V-2? Or, possibly, C14 on V-1 or C18 on V-2?

looks like they will be tough to get to if that is the case.

your ideas gentleman?

your
The "AM" voice of Shreveport, Louisiana USA
formerly WN5AIA and WB5AIA
I got my Extra Class the old fashioned way... I earned it!