B. Morgan Sherrod wrote:

Seems a shame these things get hidden inside and seldom seen. Definitely
from a time when craftsmanship ruled the day...

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ

Thanks Todd.  Hopefully I will get back to rebuilding this transmitter soon.
Most of the transformers in this rig are
the CHT series, of course this one is the largest.  The audio/modulator section
is primarily UTC stuff.  I have a more
recent T368 plate xfmr I plan to use for the modulators (pair of 849's) as a
separate supply.

Brian/w5ami

I remember seeing that rig in ER after it was discovered. Certainly looks like an interesting restoration project. I recall that all of the gear, logbook, etc were still sitting there just as they'd been left decades earlier. Talk about finding a time capsule! Where does one find spare 849s, though?

I'm sure folks are looking forward to the day of seeing the finished product. Especially for such a piece of history. Most of us have a few irons in the fire at any given time, so we can relate to the 'eventually' part. The broadcast transmitter project from last summer is still sitting here in the diningroom, waiting to be completed. Good thing I'm single.

Best of luck with the Bartlesville project, Brian. Always nice to see these rigs get saved and enjoyed.

73, Todd  KA1KAQ