From: "Mark Foltarz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <amradio@mailman.qth.net>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 2:01 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] WTB : PP 6F6 Output Transformer for BC779

In the process of restoring a BC779, I replaced a bunch of caps and a
several
resistors. I also noticed that there were two "tar stalagtites" forming
underneath the audio outout transformer.

Upon power up lo & behold, there was very little audio out and the 6F6's
were
truly hot enough to fry eggs on.

I pulled the 6F6s and hooked a pair of headphones to the secondary of the
audio
driver transformer and began listening to some SWBC with just a foot of wire
on
the antenna.

So, anyone have a spare  6F6 PP to 8ohm to part with ?

tnx

de KA4JVY

Mark