-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of ronnie.hull
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 1:38 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] Eico 722 VFO dial slippage

I recently became the proud father of a Eico 722 VFO. This little rig is
very very stable for its age. Hell Im impressed!!  Looks good on the scope
too. No A/C ripple in the p/s though it has original caps. I'm going to
change them out just cuz..

the only problem is has is that the dial adjust knob on the front will not
turn the dial. The dial is edge driven by a spring loaded brass shaft that
has a groove in it that I presume the edge of the dial sits in. Trouble is,
it doesn't. I don't know if its possible that the dial has shrunk? But..its
about 1/32 away from touching the shaft.

I can manually turn the dial, and the dial string will move the variable cap
and move the frequency of the unit.

Does anyone have experience with this rig? and this problem?

thanks in advance
W5SUM  - Ronnie