Exactly.

However, if you intend to employ significant audio clipping as a means
of peak control and loudness enhancement, the low freq response should
ideally extend well below that to better accommodate the flat topped
waveforms without substantial elevation of their peak level caused by
the tilt.
But again, this is only ham radio and your rule of thumb is a great
one.  If everyone's rig passed that test we'd be talking about something
else.