My two cents is that no traps I have ever used held up long
(days/weeks) under any sort of AM, except the butternut antenna, which does
not use real traps, but some other crazy setup.

All the trap dipole stuff crapped out even under DX100 power eventually,
and forget about 300 watts (carrier) and up.

I made a nice fire in my heathkit 2kw antenna tuner when I tried to use
the balun inside it.

I do dipoles cut to length, or with loading coils, no tuner now.
The butternut makes a good dummy load, might work well for DX, but
I don't work DX, and locally, I think the cantenna gets out better.

Open wire line is great and easy/cheap to make, but getting it inside
the house without a load of RF around, and into a good balanced tuner
is a pain, and then you have to tune it to change bands.

A sturdy resonant dipole fed with good coax is very robust and trouble free.
My 80 meter dipole was up 10 years before a (small) B+W coil stock loading
coil broke.

When I lived with my parents, I had a radio shack 36 foot mast on their
chimney,
going to a tree out front, and another mast in the back yard.
Storm tore the chimney off the house and bent the mast in the back yard
over 90 degrees!
Dad was pissed but homeowners covered it.

Brett
N2DTS