Bob, I agree with you. No matter where we move there will be problems with the near by SSB groups. They are spread very evenly across the band with no space in between for an AM signal during prime time. The FCC recognizes the AM Windows so currently any nearby complaints are neutralized. By using the rest of the band to illustrate a point will only lead to more interference and valid complaints by SSB groups. Remember last year how many petitions were sent regarding Bandwidth and Power?? Perhaps limiting the transmission to less than three minutes at a time with 10 seconds of space in between for other stations breaking in would be advantageous in many ways. There are many AMrs waiting to get in to a group but never get the chance. If the AM window is used this way it would allow many stations to operate well, even within the two or three spaces of the 3880-90kHz window.
73 Chris   VE3NGW/W4 Florida

Rbethman wrote:

I am a FIRM advocate and believer of the "Gentleman's Agreement" philosophy regarding the existence and use of the AM Window.

It seems to me an issue of courtesy and respect to have and use these agreements.

Yes, there will ALWAYS be some that will NOT honor such, BUT - we are better off doing this amongst ourselves in lieu of the FCC and/or ARRL becoming involved in some "phony" band/mode plan.

Bob - N0DGN