How much FM would make an SBE "illegal?"

I didn't know there was a specific livel at which the signal
becomes illegal. A lot of silly OOs assume that a chirping
CW signal  or one with a little buzz, yoop or drift to it is
illegal. I don't think it's illegal to chirp or FM just a little!
Gives  a signal "character", like a Southlake Swing on
a bug key (or whatever they used to call that.)
but I digress...

Merry holidays to all - de AF4K