-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan Cohen
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 4:17 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] WTB: Millen 90801 Exciter

Actually, I believe that the circuit for the Millen 90801 exciter is,
in fact, in the December, 1952 issue of QST.  The reason that you
didn't find it, is because the the circuit is used in a complete novice
transmitter project by George Grammer called, "75 Watts with an Economy
Power Supply."  This transmitter is one of the earliest applications of
the then brand new RCA 6146 to appear in QST.  It features plug-in
coils with a link coupled output and inductive neutralization.  In the
Millen exciter they use a band switching arrangement but the circuit is
electrically the same.  Perhaps someone else on the list can confirm
that.

About five years ago I was fortunate enough to acquire a very well
executed version of the transmitter described in the QST article.  I
built a web page describing it here:
http://home.comcast.net/~acohen788/

Interestingly, I have since added a couple of other George Grammer
designs to my collection.  When I have the time I'll snap some pictures
and add them to the page.

Alan
WA2DZL