-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] anyone for qrp am?

In a message dated 3/6/05 1:40:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I, also,would like to build a QRP AM rig. I have the 6L6's and 1625's.
> What I need is a modulation trandformer. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks.

For a plate modulator that works great and does not require a hard-to-find
transformer try the circuit described by Dale Hileman in the April 1955
issue
of Radio and Television news.   Heising circuit with a clever bias shifting
scheme included.   Hileman called it a "Reference Shift" modulator.
Circuit
revisited in ER #91, November 1996 with some updates for using several
popular
sweep tubes in place of the 807 originally employed by Hileman.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA