Well,
Pete after it started that nonsense, I decided to go down to the work
bench and listen to some music and finish the check out of my NC-183D.
That turned out being more fruitful than trying to join a QSO on channel
19.

Makes me wonder if the people getting back on AM are getting discouraged
finding this sort of thing "Raging" on 80 meters. I think this AM window
thing has about worn out its usefulness, time to go on any clear phone
frequency and forget about being "Stuck and ignored" in the fictitious
AM window.
FWIW
Jim
WB2FCN