Hi Barrie,

Earlier this year a friend of mine bought a 20V-2 for I think it was around
$1200.00 He had to travel from Northwestern Il. to St. Louis to retrieve it.
If yours is a 20V that means it is probably the lower power version than
the -2.  Being in pieces may be an advantage as it maybe easier to deal with
using fewer people.

I guess my considerations would be how close it is to you. How many pieces
it's in?  Is the cabinet totally taken apart?  If all the tubes and meters
are there. Also if you could get pictures of it to make sure it isn't a rust
bucket full of mice nests.

If you want to acquaint yourself with the 20V series of transmitters to know
more of what you are looking at the manuals for the 20V, 20V-2 and 20V-3 are
available for download on the Collins Collectors Association website:
http://www.collinsradio.org/html/manuals.html

They are down towards the bottom of the page.

I also would be happy to take pictures of my 20V-2 that I hauled from North
Wilkesboro, N.C. back to the Peoria Illinois area a few years ago.
I would also be glad to answer any other questions that you may have.

73 Larry WA9VRH