Can't buy them, but would LOVE to see some pictures!!!

At 03:32 PM 06/21/2005 -0400, you wrote:
I have 2 REALLY rare boatanchors in my collection that I am considering selling. The price for these is $9,000 each firm. I'm not ready to put them on eBay yet. But it could come to that eventually. I am not interested in any trades. Please let anyone you know that has that kind of money for rare collectible equipment that these are available. Thanks.

Both of these are 1930's transmitters made for the amateur market. 1930's amateur transmitters tend to be rare because amateurs were asked to turn them in for military use at the beginning of WWII. Most were turned in and relatively few survive. And of those few, a small percentage remain in original condition. Both of these are crystal-controlled, of course.

1930's vintage Gross CB-80 transmitter in 5-foot rack with the modulator, power supply and meter panel. It's not in perfect original condition. But it's awfully nice. I have advertised in ER and in the OTB looking for other CB-80 owners and got no responses. So I am led to conclude that this is the only Gross CB-80 left anywhere on Earth. I have most of the original pages from the manual for this rig, but not all of them. The RF Ammeter in the antenna tuner section is not original. The antenna tuner itself has been modified but you can't tell from the outside. The coils I have for this are a mess and are not original. This transmitter looks great--it is a showpiece. Come see it and pick it up in Pittsburgh, PA.

1936-vintage RCA ACT-40. AM/CW. This is in a 3-section desktop rack. 100% original. With original manual, original RCA brochure and all original coils for 10-80 meter operation. Gorgeous condition--museum quality. Was featured in January 2002 or 2003 CQ Classics Calendar. There is one other ACT-40 somewhere out there. It formerly belonged to W2UK. But he became a silent key a number of years ago and I don't know who got the ACT-40. So this is one of only 2 of these rigs left alive. Complete but untested and as-is. Requires bias batteries of various sizes which are not included. Come check it out and pick it up in Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks for looking.
73, Don Merz, N3RHT

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(16b)