Well I have worked all day Saturday (just quit now 1AM!!) doing more cleaning in the lab. I now have the Link 250UFS, the Tucker KW, and the BTA-250L all next to each other. There are my 6M tranceiver, 80-10 xmtr, and 160M xmtr respectively. The Link is FM, but I bet I could amplitude modulate it. Not sure if I want to. Is there more activity on 6M AM or FM?

I need to get the BTA-250 off the cart it is on, but I might need help because it is sort of heavy. I got it on the cart myself, but it was a bit tedious.

Next is to take the original tube repeater from the Irving ham radio club, and mount it in an old motorola police radio cabinet, and set that next to the Link. I am not quite sure what frequency to put it on, however. Hate to stick it on the calling freq., and not be able to move off it, but that might be the best bet.

What's the consensus on freq. choices for VHF rigs that are basically fixed-frequency (meaning they take alot of hassle to re-tune)? What are the good manners for that? The simplex frequency?

I have a couple of good stable PLL based 0.5-80MHz VFOs (lab gear) that I could sub for RX and TX crystals if necessary. Talk about having to keep charts.. No rush though, still alot of cleanout left to do.

Should I post a pic. of these things lined up?

PJ