[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Come on, you guys!

I'm studying for my extra-class test on September 22, and I think all of the questions mentioned in the original post are included in that test.

I still can't remember which color diodes one may buy at Radio Shack. Oh well, I've still got a couple of weeks.
You'll do fine, Barrie

Note, there are no 'zero beat' questions...  best of luck!

True Geoff, but will he be prepared for that tricky question about the bandwidth of a cell phone signal?

: - )

hehe.

"Bandwidth". that seems to be a 'buzz-word' of late. All the way from the width of a conventional AM signal, to how fast your internet is, it's all 'bandwidth'.

Would it be too much to ask if the 'bandwidth' that the Electrical supply companies want to utilize, could be shifted UP in frequency? ie: bpl signals that -start- at 150MHz, instead of throughout the HF spectrum, so that emergency communications won't be affected, like in the wake of Hurricane Katrina?

I'll captitulate to there not being any signal to worry about, when the power is out, but that only affects those operating at 'ground zero'. What about those that are trying to RECIEVE those messages? Nice and quiet at the disaster area - no noises because there's nothing running. The recieve site? S-9 to 20db/S-9 solid NOISE, and they're trying to copy a compromised/portable signal.
Something stinks and it's more than the standing water in New Orleans.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR