Actually, you're closer than you think. The pic that was posted to the list was the modern "computer enhanced" image of the stone carving from the Secret Golden Temple where it was found. The image from the 1982 expedition can be found at http://www.fernblatt.net/misc/inca_trans3.jpg .... The trouble is they can't find the the temple again because the city is once again lost. Pictures of the city have been printed on milk cartons worldwide in case it is once again spotted.

NU4G

So are you saying the elusive solid gold modulation transformer was made by
Inca?

I have been searching for it at Dayton and other places for decades, but so
far, nothing.

They were sold by QuipuTronix - out of Macho Peekoo, Indiana. Rep's name was I. M. Andies, but I think that some Spanish company tried to take 'em
over some years back, and the whole outfit floundered and failed.

  I could be Very Wrong, however.

Cheers and a relaxing Labor Day Weekend to all!

John KB6SCO