I don't think there is any way to run a triode single ended with link
coupled
output, not in class C.

I run a pair of 812A's (or 811A's, or V70D's) push pull link coupled output
modulated by a pair of 811A's.
It works very well.

You can run them up to 2000 volts on the plates, or 1750, 0r 1500.

I can get 400 watts carrier out pushing them, 350 watts out has the tubes
showing no color.

That is very close to the legal limit with plenty of audio.

The 812/811 tubes are cheap, work from 1000 to 2000 volts, and
don't take up a lot of space.

I used small vacuum variable caps for neutralization, kilowatt
coils, and a 6000 volt plate tuning cap.
I got the small (2 to 30 pf @30,000 volts) neut caps out of old paging
transmitters someone gave me, they ran a 4-400 at 3000 volts on 70? MHZ.

Brett
N2DTS