Good point. The Ranger modulation transformer is 7500 to 3500 ohms and rated
for about 15 watts audio level. It was used at 32.5 watts for voice service
which is A-OK. As example the famous ART-13 transformer is rated at 50 watts
and we all know that they will do plenty more for VOICE service. The mod
transformer that has to pass the magnetizing final current requires very
careful spacing of the core gap. Broadcast service gets by this at the
higher powers by using a choke and capacitor to shunt feed the final. This
allows more BASS. They have to do 50 cycles ( Hertz for new guys).
.