Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Dumber than a rock question . .

Barrie,

   If I understand your post correctly, the relays
you intend to use are part of an antenna tuner.
Asumming the relays are rated for your need, think
about the maximum voltage, and current that the
interconnects must withstand. If the current is over
an amp or two, or if the voltage is over 500 volts,
I'd consider that into your design. I might be tempted
to "dead bug it" where I mount the PC mount relays on
their backs with glue, and point to point wire with
the voltage, current, and frequency in mind. I like
using buss wire, and Teflon sleeve tubing for proto
typing circuits such as this.

Good luck,
Jim
WD5JKO

Jim:

No, these PC relays are to be mounted in a box, in the shack. The relays to short turns on the coil in the box outside are vacuum relays, which the PC relays will actuate, and the PC relays will also light a LED to let me know how many turns are shorted.

The whole system is to enable me to shunt-feed a tower for both 160 and 80M. (I know, I know it's a rather complex way to do this, but it should work very, very well after initial setup.)

73, Barrie, W7ALW