Does anyone in the southeast remember Paul, WA5FHP, from Dequincy, La?

Excluding the "broadcasts of K1 You Know Who, Paul was "responsible" for the
two longest transmitions I have ever heard on the ham bands. Both occurred
on 75 meters.

During one of these "radio half hours," he read the transcript of a
conservative radio program called "Life Line." This program was only 15
minutes including the commercial breaks. But, in a style which would make
Rush proud, he concluded the transmition by telling all who were listening
just what we were to think of what he had read. That one lasted at least 25
minutes.

His other marathon occurred one newyear's eve when he was obviously very
much into the egg nog. I don't know what he was using for a transmitter that
night, but that signal was also the widest non-cb am signal I have ever
heard.

He would often play portions of Justin Wilson or Dave Gardner comedy records
during his qsos.

When I was first licensed, he was one of about 4 AM stations who could hear
my Ranger and very low dipole from Mississippi. When he was not on his
soapbox, or up to his ears in the pickle barrel, he was actually a pretty
good qso.

It's hard to believe that those incidents occurred nearly 40 years ago!

Mike Duke, K5XU