We called it "heavy wall conduit". It looks like water pipe but differs
in 2 major ways: A. the threads do not taper, so it does not get tight
until the ends meet inside the coupling, and B. it is smooth inside so as
not to abrade the insulation on the wires. Merry Christmas.

73, Ed Richards, K6UUZ
Simi Valley, California, 93065
Home of Air Force 1 Pavilion