Mark,

   The 6N2 VFO was a low level 8-9 Mhz VFO. As for a
modulator, the guy at the following link used an Eico
730 Plate modulator. Maybe that would do along with an
8.4 Mhz rock for 50.4 6 meter AM. Contact Jim, WB2FCN
for the missing schematic at his site for his home
brew power supply and modulator.

Jim
WD5JKO

http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu/6N2.html