-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd, KA1KAQ
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 11:27 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] 7285Kc tomorrow/Saturday

On 1/8/06, Brett gazdzinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey gang, just FYI....

> I worked KC2IFR (Bill), W3CRR (Craig), KA3ZLR (Jack) today, 40 was much
> better than yesterday.
> Bill has a very good sounding kenwood T599, one of those OLD kenwood
twins,
> but I suppose
> some old SSB stuff was easier to get sounding good on AM then the new
rigs,
> maybe fewer filters
> in the TX chain. His sounded very good and clean.

Yep, heard you all quite nicely here in Central VT, have to ditto your
remarks Brett about Bill's Kenwood. I know he has a lot of 'stuff' in
line there, and the T599 seems to handle it all just fine.

I was listening on the 75A-1 whilst dismantling the slain Christmas
tree in the other room. Very pleasant audio. First time I've heard
Craig's voice, was quite a shock after emailing for so long. Talk
about a deep, 'radio' voice!  I hope '2ZM got his transmitter audio
problem solved. I was hearing him fine, but the audio was a little
scruffy around the edges. I wrote it off to it being a 1930's tx,
obviously it was something more involved.

Also heard Ashtabula Bill getting a bit annoyed by Paul, who was
apparently too close by for his liking. I suppose it's not as easy to
spread out on 40 with all of the foreign BC and SSB activity around.

The YL called and I was on the phone with her for a while and remember
hearing The Nutcracker and other music coming across the frequency.
Everyone did seem to drop out quickly. Of course, I only have about a
ten foot piece of wire hooked onto the back of the A-1 right now,
which probably doesn't help.

Enjoyed it emmensely. Can't wait to join in again.

de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ