I think it's still off the air. Last I heard there were a bunch of guys
in the New England area who meet early in the mornings on 50.4. Almost
every evening I hear SSB QSO's on 50.150 from the New England area. K1JJ
in CT has a small array set up for 6 meters. You should be able to work
him. See:
http://home.comcast.net/~k1jj/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-186247
3.html
Or, if the link gets cut apart, go here:
http://tinyurl.com/dcuvt

January 21-23 is VHF Sweepstakes. You should here lots of 6 meter
activity.
Remember, you can work SSB stations with an AM rig. They'll just think
you're running a Swan rig.

Pete, wa2cwa