Clay wrote:

I like to see most HF bands segmented into three regions:

1.  CW only (probably about 50-75 kHz per band
2.  Digital modes only (another 50-75 kHz per band)
3.  Phone only (SSB, AM, Hi-Fi SSB, FM, and whatever else) on the
rest of
the band

Each region would be exclusive for the specified modes.  This
would cut down
on cross-mode QRM  in general and especially during contests.
While not
specified above, a small segment of each band reserved exclusively
for
legacy modes (like AM) would be nice.  I suspect that this plan is
way too
simple for most, but it seems like it would work and it's not that
big of
change from the way the HF bands are used today.

>> 73, Clay  W7CE

Yes but Clay, THAT would make FAR too much sense.
Why... it might actually WORK and make for more peaceful, secure
and
sensible HF operation!
We can't have THAT!
ARRL, FCC and the boys at WINLINK will object!