I do not think it's a good idea to run tube rectifiers or use the resistors.
The filament power is a major chunk of the low voltage transformers
wattage rating, and they frequently burned up in the past.
The resistors would do nothing but make the B+ regulation poor.
The power supply uses choke input, and has no problem with spikes.
The Peter Dahl catalog used to list ONLY the low voltage transformer
for the 32v series rigs. I would guess it was the only one that ever blew
out.

I have been running my 32v3's with solid state rectifiers in place of the
high,
low, and bias rectifier tubes, on the high voltage tap, with an extra 25mf
tacked on
to the b+, with zero problems for the last 15 years....

I even ran the things at 1000 volts B+ without any problems.

Just my two cents...

Brett
N2DTS