-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Craig Roberts
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:28 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [AMRadio] surrogate modualtor for the 32V

Many thans for your reply, John.  I've noted from the published specs
that the driver and modulation transformers in the 32V-2 are rather
restricted in audio bandwidth, too.  Perhaps Steve Ickes' approach is
worth exploring:

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/obmod.htm

I have a very nice Ashly preamp/EQ/compressor/limiter and 120 Watt audio
power amp that might work very well as a surrogate speech amp/modulator.
Has anyone tried Steve's scheme?

VY 73,

Craig
W3CRR