Well, Let's see if we can change the subject.. 8-)

I am gathering ideas for a homebrew AM transmitter..

My friend, KR1S (Jim Kearman) is designing an AM
transceiver, for me.  We plan for this to be a
solid-state unit that will deliver about 100 watts
out. It will be single band (75 meters) and I have
been considering using that to feed a homebrew linear.
I have the makings of a 2 x 813 amp thanks to my and
Jim's hamfesting efforts.

So far, we have been reading and kicking around ideas.
 It seems that with the derating of the amp to handle
the continuous carrier, etc.. may be more trouble than
it is worth.

So, I would be interested in opinions as to the
relative merits of using a linear vs high-level
modulation.  And, pointers to existing circuits would
be helpful..

Any ideas?

73,

Larry