I wonder if 640, which is also digital, causes any problems in the metroplex?

73  Jim
W5JO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Hine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] FCC & AM

Jim,

Take a look at what that station is.... it is part of
Air America, the Communist arm of the Democratic
party. I am not surprised that their signal stinks....

Cory/AD5QP

--- Jim Candela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

   I'm changing the topic a little, but the title
above still fits. I called a local AM station (KOKE
1600 AM)today about their quality, and had to leave
audix. It seems that this is a low budget station
that
relies on networked broadcasting via voice over IP.
The quality varies from poor to horrible. Today they
were splattering +/- 30 Kc, and were very distorted.
Yesterday they had low audio, and it sounded like a
3"
speaker in a pickle jar. The IP stuff also results
in
packet loss, and ineteruptions in the audio.

    It seems to me that things were better decades
ago
when remote programming was done via the twisted
pair
phone line. I have listened to many a MLB baseball
game this way.

    So what if any position does the FCC take on
commercial AM broadcasting stations using voip where
the quality and level are both highly variable?

Regards,
jim candela
WD5JKO