Arrghhhh!!

None of the three Bristol wrenches that were clipped under the lid are the right ones for the PTO Oldham coupler - so I'll have to wait for Tuesday to get the set I ordered from McMaster-Carr - $10 for a set of 9, 4- and 6-flute - not a bad deal. www.mcmaster.com and search for 'bristol' then scroll down a ways.

Found out that the problem with the center-point offset was gross mis-adjustment of the 'span' coil - the closer I pulled it in, the better the linearity got - now she's within about 1.5 KHtz overall - back in the radio it goes. Then - the kit of new (NOS, and/or tested to new spec) tubes, a thorough RF-IF alignment, and we'll see how the Old Girl does. I'm hoping to be rather pleasantly surprised - it sure will look pretty, at any rate!

 Cheers

John  KB6SCO