Jim Candela wrote:

Mark,

  These are too cool! Maybe that big arc is from the
keying relay at Geoff's place, W5OMR, on the mighty
Titanic!

hey, yo - wait! I don't make that kinda arc with just a couple of hunnert watts!

  It was just yesterday I experienced a deafening arc
while running up the energy on an old Eaton 8200P ion
implanter. A metal door was open filling the high
voltage gap, and she let loose with a series of gun
shots at 185,000 volts DC! That temporarily killed the
HVAC system control, and the turbo pumps all spun down
in protest, as did the cryo pumps take a big gulp of
air. Contactors were a chattering, computers
resetting, etc. I had to kill it with the big red EPO
button. Nothing died! Today was better, and she's
stable at 250 kv, and was running a 370 Kev double
charge state phosphorous ion beam when I was leaving.

They -pay- you to do that?
you back home?  Gonna make the Orange Hamfest, this weekend?

-Geoff/W5OMR