Hey if it has tubes in it, it's all good stuff as far as I'm concerned!
73, Don M.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of W2AGN
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:12 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] April 1st already or a misprint

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>[Or to put it more succintly. "There's a sucker born very mnute."]
>That is what W2AGN had to say about the people buying the AC-1's. Well...I
>just took a look at W2AGN's shack picutres at his web site. Based on the ton
>of junk there it looks like he speaks from experience! hi hi

Actually, much of the "ton of junk" was acquired quite reasonably. Much
was new back in the 60's and 70's, and was "inherited" or was stuff I
had back then. The GPT-750 I purchased in 1973, for $350.00. Not a bad
value per pound. But $300-400 for an AC-1? I don't think so. Heck, I got
a Heath AT-1 just a couple years ago for $75.00. Oh yes, and a Davco
DR30 receiver for the same price. It just takes careful shopping, and
not depending on eBay.

--
  / \   / \   / \   / \   / \   John L. Sielke