Grant wrote:

> Just a thought.  Maybe you're worrying over it too much?

Ha!  Probably so .... but researching these things is half the fun. I have
had lots of vintage receivers in the past (especially Collins), but I
usually used them on CW or SSB. The last old gear station I had was a
Johnson Valiant and a 75A4. I thought the 75A4 was doing ok (it has an R390A
AM filter cobbled into it) until I got a 51J4 which seemed much better on
AM. So, I thought for this set up I would spend a little more time learning
from the guys who have been more dedicated to 'Angel Music' that I have
been.

I usually just end up with whatever rig catches my eye at a flea market or
whatever. I am hoping to take a different approach this time.

Theo K4MO