>And Bob is well aware, having helped disassemble and load a Raytheon
>RA-1000 into a Ranger pickup *and* Wells Cargo trailer. Only a 1 KW
>rig at that (albeit one of the larger ones). A mere 2300 pounds if you
>don't count the spare iron. It handled the weight, but it was fully
>loaded and then some. Even the 300G, a 250 watter, would be a pickup
>load plus at 1370 pounds!

>I hope someone saves it, and that whoever does has a very clear
>understanding of what they're getting into *before* they get there.
>This comes from someone who has moved several large transmitters,
>thought he was prepared, and found surprises each time. It's a whooole
>lot different than moving a BC-610 or your average relay rack full of
>gear.

>de Todd/'Boomer'  KA1KAQ

Whew!...how could I forget! I think some of these old transmitters "grow a
few pounds" just before you go to move them.

Todd, hope all is well on your side of the state line and keeping the snow to
a minimum there.

[BTW, I think that old 10kw generator is still sitting "there" and like you,
wish there was a feasible way to transport that thing. My neighbors would be
very jealous the first time the electricity went out in the village -grin-.]

73,

  Bob Carter - KC4QLP
Mid-Atlantic-Engineering-Services of Utica NY / Elizabeth City NC

http://www.geocities.com/midatlanticengineeringservice
WKVU-FM Utica/Rome NY, WKVJ-FM Dannemora/Plattsburg NY, WRCS-AM Ahoskie NC
Echolink/Repeater 145.240/- PL 131.8 node 56703
Echolink/Link [future 10 meter node] node 56704
Echolink conference server node 267137 [*KC4QLP*]
Echolink conference server node 290251 [*KC4QLP-C*]