In a message dated 4/4/06 6:03:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > Maybe, maybe not, but it's not your problem.   If his audio equipment is
> > responding to your transmissions then HIS equipment is malfunctioning, not
> yours.
>

>     Dennis, I respectfully disagree - in a lot of cases, taking a
> pro-active tack can mean the difference between 'happy hamming' and
> bad feelings, lawsuits and neighborhood retaliation.

John,

I stand by my original statement.

Now, whether or not to help the other guy out is another matter and would
depend on the surrounding circumstances, most importantly   the attitude of the
complaining party.   In the past I've usually tried the proactive approach as
you call it but with little success, sorry to say.   The usual response I've
encountered is something along the line of "...my (expensive) stuff was working
just fine until you came along, so shut your junk off now!" followed by
out-and-out refusals to let me anywhere close to their TV, telephone, Hi Fi,
etc.
I even offered several interference free telephones to one guy who refused to
even give them a try ("I don't want your damm phones!").

If the guy's wife is your wife's best friend ya gotta play nice, of course.
Ditto if he's your landlord, boss, your minister, etc., but I personally
wouldn't touch anyone's expensive music and/or entertainment systems.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA