<SNIP>
> The 7 watts on AM wouldn't be bad when 10m is open.  But the thing has
> terrible audio.  I looked at the schematic and couldn't figure out how to
> modify the audio so it wouldn't be so tin-can sounding.  Has anyone else
> figured out how to do this?
>
> Of course you could always run a "leenyar" to boost the power.
>
> Don k4kyv

Don -

I have heard that the microphone is a big part of the problem. I'm going to
mess around with mine to see if I can improve the audio. Then again, I never
had a problem because I used it on CW/SSB. But it might be worth a try since
it's external to the radio which makes it easy to do/un-do.

73,

Mark W1EOF