crawfish wrote:

How about 12 meters? That would be a good band to do AM on. Not sure if
there is any "watering hole" for AM on 12.

I don't know that AM is allowed on 12m, or 17m for that matter.

Ashtabulah Bill found out (the hard way) that AM is not allowed on the Novice Sub-band on 10m (28.3 ~ 28.5Mc) as emissions (as well as power levels) are specifically lined out for that portion of 10m.

60m is channelized, USB -only-. 30m is CD and digital modes, -only-

I don't remember *exactly* if there's anything that says you can NOT run AM (or run only USB and CW) but at 100kc for the entire band, and the lower portion of that dedicated soley to CW, you may not be looking for one, but you be instantly in the middle of an argument if you fire up a nice fat AM carrier on say, 24.980Mc

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR