Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 12:04 PM
Subject: [AMRadio] Re: Triode connecting 803's for a Modulator

Elaborating on Don's comment, the reason this is done with the
triode-connected 807 is that if the control & screen grids were simply
tied
together, the control grids would be exceeding their maximum dissapation

before the screens could be driven hard enough to provide reasonable
output.
We don't want to vaporize the control grids now, do we :>) I suspect
this
would hold true for other tetrodes & pentodes in a triode connection.