Wow! Thanks Roger. Great pictures documenting the move and restoration. I would be very interested in the modifications you made to the tuning circuitry. At this point I only plan on having mine setup for 75 meters, but it is nice to know someone who has successfully modified one to accommodate 160, 80, 40 and 20 in case I want to expand the coverage.

Could you tell me exactly how wide the cabinet was after you removed the meters, switches, etc.? I'm afraid I'm going to have to back my truck through the side of the house to get mine inside! Also, how much do suppose it weighed when all of the iron, doors and everything else removable was removed?

Thanks for sharing your story, pictures and expertise. I can hardly wait to get started on mine.

73,
Rick/K5IZ

KC8OPP Roger S. wrote:

Rick,

I have a BTA-1R that is set up for 160/80/40M.  Here
is a link to some pictures of the process.

http://photos.yahoo.com/kc8opp
If I can help in any way let me know.

Good Luck.

73's