Some of this seems a little backwards. The typical CB 1/4 wave antenna is a
rather low angle radiator not a high angle radiator. The major lobe is very
low, less than 10 degrees. Many higher angle lobes do occur however.

Antenna height as a great effect on take off angle, typically lower angle at
greater heights.

Ground conductivity has a great effect on sky wave signals as part of the
signal is reflected from the ground and adds to the direct part of the
signal. Even antennas mounted high off the ground. It is not only the ground
conductivity in the close in area but also in the far field that matters,
especially with a vertically polarized antenna.

The "local" coverage is line of sight so it has little influence by ground
conductivity as you say.
Ground wave propagation (more correct, surface wave) is highly attenuated
much above 3 Mhz so at 11 meters there is almost no ground wave at all.

"Suppressing the sky wave signal on 11 meters"? Sounds like a job for a
fractal antenna. :>)

The better you make the "local" wave the better you are going to make the
sky wave signal as Steve notes. I would have to agree with Steve, sounds
like a good DX antenna!

73
Gary  K4FMX